Hi, I’m Dr Richika Sahay Shukla.
I am a qualified and experienced fertility specialist and Gynec-Laparoscopic surgeon. I’m also a Certified Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility (IVF-ICSI) sub-specialist, making me uniquely qualified to manage infertility and hormonal issues.
I believe in a holistic and integrative approach to health and have a particular interest in the impact of nutrition, lifestyle and environment on reproductive health.
I help patients make sustained positive lifestyle changes to enhance their reproductive health.
In 2000, I graduated from my medical school with a gold medal and after many years of further study and practice, I co-founded India IVF Clinic
In 2018, I was also awarded the Best young IVF Specialist award .
I love being a holistic and integrative fertility specialist. I want people to lead healthy lives. I enjoy helping them to improve their lifestyle and create health-promoting home and work environments.
I’m committed to sharing my knowledge and enjoy teaching. I also love to give my patients a look at the latest evidence with my informative and entertaining videos. I am active in the media, appearing on radio, TV, and in print, discussing fertility issues. I regularly speak at conferences and seminars. This section highlights the articles and appearances I make across the country.
When I’m not helping patients, I love to be involved in the community and help disadvantaged women.
Dr Richika’s areas of expertise include:
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF) / Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Egg Freezing /Embryo freezing
- Ovulation induction (OI)
- Intra-uterine insemination (IUI)
- PGT (preimplantation genetic techniques)
- PGS (preimplantation genetic screening)
- Donor /surrogacy Conception
- Second opinion to couples seeking further fertility advice following previous unsuccessful IVF attempts.
Dr.Richika has been working for more than 15 years in the field of fertility and has assisted many couples attain parenthood. She welcomes the opportunity to discuss your current treatment and possibilities in a caring and confidential environment.
She can discuss your situation and:
- Help you understand what your infertility issues maybe
- Assess if any additional fertility tests could be valuable
- Help you understand what your ovarian reserve status is and how that affects your fertility
- Assess your current fertility treatment
- Help you set realistic goals and expectations
- Propose a fertility treatment plan that best suits you
We work with patients of all socioeconomic status as we believe that everyone should have access to high-quality fertility information and treatment.
Dr. Richika understands that seeking help with your fertility can be upsetting. She values the trust patients place in her, letting her into their confidence in a personal area of their lives. Her conversations, consultations and treatment decisions are respectful of this fact.
India IVF Clinic is at the forefront of women’s health and fertility care. It combines excellence in medical and surgical care, with a friendly and effective holistic approach. I aim to empower all my patients to achieve their best health possible.
I have a unique subset of qualifications in gynecology and reproductive endocrinology, along with special interests in environmental, regenerative, and nutritional medicine. I firmly believe in blending these different aspects to provide the best possible care. This approach is key to the success and popularity of our fertility center.
The patient is front and center of any treatment plan or decision. I enjoy working in collaboration with patients to help them reach their health goals. I love sharing my knowledge about gynecology, fertility, nutrition, and environmental aspects of health. This is done in the course of my consultations, but also through my YouTube channel
The core values of our fertility center include:
- listening to women: Women know their bodies better than anyone else, and it is this respect for the patient that sets us apart.
- working in partnership with the patient: The relationship between specialist and patient works best when both are proactive in healthcare decisions. Together, a tailored management plan is put in place.
- keeping up-to-date with the latest evidence and medical information: I enjoy sharing the latest information with my patients and empowering them to take control of their health.
- an integrative approach to health care: Good health is a total state of physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being. Every aspect is inter-related and important in achieving optimal wellbeing. A holistic approach to fertility allows me to combine medical, environmental, regenerative, and dietary advice so that patients benefit the most.
- a friendly and nurturing environment: I understand many of the challenges facing patients on their fertility journey or path to better health. I hope to minimize any stress or inconvenience by providing a comfortable and supportive environment.
- working with allied health professionals: I work with a range of experts to achieve the best health for my patients. Good health acts as the foundation for building healthy babies.
- every patient is unique: I know we are all different. I enjoy tailoring my approach to each individual.